Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Change is a'comin.

 So, I realize it's been ages since I posted. We basically took the whole summer off because of morning sickness and I was slow to pick back up. Mostly we're only doing school 2-3 days/week right now, because change has come our way. Adam has opened his new Physical Therapy Clinic! I am working in the clinic three days a week until business picks up enough to hire a full time receptionist. It makes it a little hard to homeschool. ;) My Mom is watching the kids while I'm working and she does plenty of homeschool-y things with them, just not the set curriculum. I'm not too worried about it. So there's a picture of the waiting room area at the clinic. I basically have been put in charge of decorating/furnishing the place, which was pretty crazy for a little while. I think it came out okay, although we still have a few more things to set up.

L is still an art fanatic. She's taking swim at the Y still (she's an Eel, now). I also signed her up for an art class at the Y that is taught by one of my friends from church. This bird picture is from that class. I think she really likes it. She also learned to draw dinosaurs from watching youtube videos and copying some flashcards that we have. Then we've got a few random pictures just for fun. A giraffe and a sunshine. She drew a giraffe a while ago and Grandma wanted to have it so she had to draw herself a new one before she'd let Grandma have the old one. Apparently she must always have a giraffe picture. Then we have H's whale that he did while L was doing her ARTistic pursuits lesson. He started out with just two lines and L and I helped him turn it into a whale since he was using watercolor crayons and it wouldn't have been very fun to watercolor over just two lines.

I found this poem that I liked in a children's poetry book and drew the picture. L liked it so she went through trying to find poems that she could draw pictures for. It was pretty cute.










 The Bird Picture and Poem











L and P working on Art















L playing piano with P







I still struggle with getting L to do her math and with getting her to write (or to dictate descriptions for me to write). On the writing front, I decided to try a message book. I'll write her a message and leave it for her, and she can write something back to me. I'm sure it'll start out very simple but I'm hopeful that it will help her gain confidence. She's really taken off with reading. She now reads in her room at bedtime (and has her own room... P got moved out of the crib and into H's room, and L is in the office by herself now).







No comments:

Post a Comment