Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Etsy Changes

I think I actually learned this yesterday, but oh well. Etsy is making changes to their shop policies for handmade items. Sellers have always been able to hire help or have shops with multiple crafters, but now Etsy is allowing sellers to use outside shipping services and manufacturing companies. I'm totally okay with the shipping changes, but I am wary of the manufacturing. I worry that the market will end up flooded by factory merchandise and one-at-a-time makers like me will be lost in the crowd even more than we are. They say sellers have to list everyone involved in their process on their "about" page but I don't think that will help very much. I think if a business gets big enough that they need outside manufacturing, then Etsy isn't the right place for them to sell anymore, but I guess that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment