Saturday, April 9, 2016

Artistic Math

A reason to love homeschool... I doubt a kindergarten or first grade teacher would appreciate it if a kid turned in an assignment that looked like these. :) I, however, love them. I have her write the answer first and make sure she understands what she's doing but then she's free to doodle or turn her math problems into animals or whatever she'd like to do. She loves art - drawing, painting, etc, and I'm happy to let her enjoy her math as well.

I'm too lazy to rotate this in a separate program and can't see where blogger lets me do that, so you'll just have to deal with it. In case you can't tell, at the top there's a mouse and a fox, then a big beasty thing and a little animal with an extraordinarily long tail. :)

She hates writing numbers so I let her do them all crazy. Cool by me, though I think this was the slowest writing 0-20 I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment