Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rowing

I've started rowing again since moving to klamath falls... ere's a nice little rowing club on lake ewauna, less than two miles from my house so I bike down and row for an hourish then bike back home. I recently have had a lapse of about a month in my rowing because of a variety of factors (vacations, sickness, horribly smokey air from local forest fires) and had finally stopped really caring if I went at all. Today Adam called me from work to see if I was planning in rowing. I wasn't, but changed my plans and decided to go. I went and had a great time, despite getting quite soaked from large waves since the water was a little rough. Today I learned how easy it is to convince myself that I don't care to do an activity that I really like to do, and also how much I will enjoy formerly pleasurable activities if I can get myself off my lazy bum and moving again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment