Friday, August 16, 2013

Vaccinations

Today I learned that Henry was given an unnecessary vaccine. I took him in for a 6 month well child visit shortly after we moved here. I later learned that the clinic I went to is out of network for our insurance so we got a bill for almost 1000 dollars. I have been trying to get the bill reduced but no luck. Today Henry had his 9 month visit (at a different clinic) and I was looking through his immunization records. In doing so, I discovered that they gave him a rotavirus vaccine that he didn't need at his 6 month visit. He had two doses of the rotavirus vaccine rotarix while we were in north carolina. Rotarix is a 2-dose series. They gave him a dose of Rotateq here in OR, which is normally a three-dose series, but that Henry did not need since he had the Rotarix. I am hoping that I can at least get them to remove the charge for rotateq virus and administration, which will save us about 160 bucks. Oy. I hate the health care system!

No comments:

Post a Comment